Is Traefik right for me?

Traefik gets recommended time after time and I really would like to use it. However I’m not sure if it would work in my setup, Or I am making it to complicated in my head.

I am behind a CGNAT so I’m running my own version of a cloudflare tunnel. In my current setup I have a VPS that runs my reverse proxy (Zoraxy), I’m running a Tailscale subnet router in a Proxmox LXC and then I’ve got my VPS attached to my Tailscale.

Would Traefik be able to be implemented this way? I would imagine it could but where it gets confusing on my end is I have multiple docker hosts. I think this would solve that issue Traefik-KOP

I'm just having a tough time visualizing how this would work or be implemented. Any help would be appreciated.

My usual recommendation is nginx-proxy for single host and Traefik for multi-host setup with Docker Swarm.

In general Traefik can proxy/forward http/s requests to any target. Be Traefik behind a VPN or LB. To any target service that is reachable via IP.

Not sure if I would use an additional tooling like KOP or just start with Docker Swarm and Traefik standard auto-configuration instead.

You already have a reverse proxy, should it be replaced by Traefik?

Multiple Docker hosts mean you have different VMs with Docker installed on your VPS?