Dashboard 404 and questions

Thank you from my previous post as I was able to generate the Traefik build and am now testing.

Dashboard - three basic questions so I can continue to test:

1. when I run the Traefik build process (using Go), does that generate everything I need to run the Dashboard or do I need to build something in addition, under the webui folder?

2. When I include the Dashboard in my file configuration, should I expect to see files posted to the /dashboard folder (or is that folder always empty)?

3. I am not using Docker. Do I need to use Docker in order to utilize the Dashboard?

TIA

Hello @stzoid,

There is some documentation on this topic here : Traefik Building & Testing Documentation - Traefik

It is not supposed to do so, traefik should not work as a web server

Nope, you can have the dashboard with all way of running Traefik

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thank you. I guess the problem I am having with the Dashboard starts with Go build errors on the initial command "make clean-webui generate-webui". The error message references Docker stating "docker daemon is not running" and that various files are not found. The traefik/webui/readme.md does contain additional build instructions that are not found in the official Traefik instructions, not sure if I am supposed to also follow those instructions in the readme.md.

Thanks, and apologize for my lack of knowledge here, not my normal programming environment.

Here is the full error message on running "make clean-webui generate-webui".

$ make clean-webui generate-webui
rm -r webui/static
mkdir -p webui/static
echo 'For more information show webui/readme.md' > webui/static/DONT-EDIT-FILES-IN-THIS-DIRECTORY.md
if [ ! -f "webui/static/index.html" ]; then
C:/Program Files/Git/mingw64/bin/make.exe build-webui-image;
docker run --rm -v "$PWD/webui/static":'/src/webui/static' traefik-webui npm run build:nc;
docker run --rm -v "$PWD/webui/static":'/src/webui/static' traefik-webui chown -R 197608:197121 ./static;
fi
/usr/bin/sh: line 1: C:/Program: No such file or directory
docker: error during connect: This error may indicate that the docker daemon is not running.: Post "http://%2F%2F.%2Fpipe%2Fdocker_engine/v1.24/containers/create": open //./pipe/docker_engine: The system cannot find the file specified.
See 'docker run --help'.
docker: error during connect: This error may indicate that the docker daemon is not running.: Post "http://%2F%2F.%2Fpipe%2Fdocker_engine/v1.24/containers/create": open //./pipe/docker_engine: The system cannot find the file specified.
See 'docker run --help'.
make: *** [Makefile:69: generate-webui] Error 127strong text

This is an issue of your docker installation