Traefik Changes Backend on Cookie Edit

Hi, we are using Traefik (2.1.4) to load balance 3 backend servers. One of the requirements for the application being load balanced is that the LB needs to be able to use the JSESSIONID cookie to track the backend server, our previous loadbalancer worked fine with this. I've configured this but we can't access the application as Traefik keeps flipping between backend servers for each component the login page loads. I traced this to the fact that the application makes changes to the cookie, on a different path, which causes Traefik to move to another backend server.
If I change the cookie name to a custom name or don't set a name it works perfectly, except for one part of the application which seems to re-write all cookies, immediately triggering Traefik to change servers and causing the application to error.
I'm not a developer, I manage our entire IT system so I have some skills in most areas, but this doesn't seem like normal behaviour. I have asked the application vendor to review their code and stop the rewrite of the other cookies and prevent the latter issue but they have told me they won't support us unless we use the JSESSIONID cookie.
If this is a bug in Traefik I'm happy to complete the bug report but I'd like to confirm this isn't an expected result. Given this isn't an issue for most customers of theirs and wasn't a problem with out previous L7 loadbalancer I think it is a bug.
Thanks
Lee

Just an update, the software developer came back to me and have amended their .jsp file in the specific part to exclude our named cookie from being rewritten, this has worked perfectly. They have shown me that the rewritten cookie is writing to a different path so I think this partly relates to issue #6023 but even then it shouldn't trigger a server change on a a cookie on a different path being edited.

Thanks
Lee