Service Not found

I have installed traefik 1.7.9 with helm and rbac.enabled.

I added a new namespace and a service and it looks like traefik is not able to find the service, I am seeing below log messages

E1229 19:06:04.807288 1 reflector.go:205] github.com/containous/traefik/vendor/k8s.io/client-go/informers/factory.go:86: Failed to list *v1.Service: v1.ServiceList.Items: v1.Service: v1.Service.ObjectMeta: v1.ObjectMeta.readObjectFieldAsBytes: expect : after object field, but found p, error found in #10 byte of ...|:{},"k:{"port":80,|..., bigger context ...|.sh/chart":{}}},"f:spec":{"f:ports":{".":{},"k:{"port":80,"protocol":"TCP"}":{".":{},"f:name":|...
E1229 19:06:05.810127 1 reflector.go:205] github.com/containous/traefik/vendor/k8s.io/client-go/informers/factory.go:86: Failed to list *v1.Service: v1.ServiceList.Items: v1.Service: v1.Service.ObjectMeta: v1.ObjectMeta.readObjectFieldAsBytes: expect : after object field, but found p, error found in #10 byte of ...|:{},"k:{"port":80,|..., bigger context ...|.sh/chart":{}}},"f:spec":{"f:ports":{".":{},"k:{"port":80,"protocol":"TCP"}":{".":{},"f:name":|...
{"level":"error","msg":"Service not found for api/login-manager","time":"2020-12-29T19:06:05Z"}

This is how the ingress configuration looks like

kind: Ingress
metadata:
  annotations:
    kubernetes.io/ingress.class: traefik
    meta.helm.sh/release-name: login-manager
    meta.helm.sh/release-namespace: api
    traefik.frontend.rule.type: PathPrefixStrip
  labels:
    app.kubernetes.io/instance: login-manager
    app.kubernetes.io/managed-by: Helm
    app.kubernetes.io/name: login-manager
    app.kubernetes.io/version: 1.16.0
    helm.sh/chart: login-manager-0.1.0
  name: login-manager
  namespace: api
 spec:
  rules:
   - http:
      paths:
      - backend:
          serviceName: login-manager
          servicePort: 80
        path: /api/login-manager

i've the same issue here, did you find the solution ?

Nope, I decided to migrate from travis 1.7 to travis 2.0.

Issue still happens on travis 1.7

If you need to stay to the obsolete 1.7 version, upgrade, at least, to 1.7.13 to avoid this issue, the last one being 1.7.26.

1 Like

I upgraded from 1.7.3 to 1.7.26 and it started working, thanks

Hello! Just one remark from my side - I highly recommend considering upgrade Traefik Proxy to the 2.4 - currently the latest release is 2.4.8. If you are just starting implementing Traefik definitely you should go with 2.4.

Thank you,