How to configure keepalive/Timeout parameters in ingress/ingressroute!

Hi Team,

Currently in our k8s cluster 1.23, we are using traefik v2.5.3 version with ingressroute + middleware(pathprefixstrip) to route to our backend application. Routing is working fine to the backend app.

Issue:

For the requests that takes less time to process, we get proper response. However, for the requests, that takes more than 3 minutes to process, though backend app processes the request successfully, at receiver's end, request gets timed out with message : Response Timed Out

While testing through postman, we get socket hung up exception.

So I deployed traefik 2.5.3 version with below parameters configured. Still the issue persists.

--entryPoints.name.transport.respondingTimeouts.readTimeout=0
--entryPoints.name.transport.respondingTimeouts.writeTimeout=0
--entryPoints.name.transport.respondingTimeouts.idleTimeout=0

Can we please assist how to configure the same properties in ingress & ingressroute ?

1. For ingressroute, I think the configuration gets appended in CRD - serverstransports.traefik.containo.us. please correct me, if I am wrong.
  2. I don't find any annotations with respect to this. How to configure the same through ingress ?
  3. Does idleTimeout parameter suffice the requirement of keepalive property ?
  4. How to configure keepalive property in ingress / ingressroute ?

A quick response would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Himansu

Hi @hmsvigle hmsvigle,

is this issue resolved? We are also having/facing same issue. If possible can you share the resolution steps for this issue.