We want to do the following:
- Traefik receives a REST call.
- Through the use of forward authentication (link above) the request is then routed to our authentication service.
- Our authentication service then performs authentication - if it passes it returns a 200 - else it returns a 401.
- Our third party service also inserts a header containing user info that we want forwarded with the request.
- When it receives a 200 Traefik sends the original request - with the body - and the new header to the appropriate service based on the routing defined.
- If our service returns a 401 Traefik will return a 401 back to the application.
I assume this is the endpoint that our services needs to run on.