Change in dynamic config for a TCP router applied but effectively ignored

Hello everyone! I have got a Traefik instance, hosted in Docker, that is supposed to forward all traffic 1:1 to a server behind it:

docker-compose.yml

version: '3.8'

services:
  traefik:
    image: traefik:v2.10
    restart: always
    command:
      - --providers.docker=true
      - --providers.docker.exposedbydefault=false
      - --providers.file.directory=/config
      - --providers.file.watch=true
      - --entrypoints.websecure.address=:443
    ports:
      - 443:443
    volumes:
      - /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock
      - /config:/config

My /config/routes.yml:

tcp:
  routers:
    external-service-router:
      rule: "HostSNI(`*`)"
      service: "external-service"
      entryPoints: ["websecure"]
  services:
    external-service:
      loadBalancer:
        servers:
          - address: "IP_A:443"

This works, everything arrives at IP_A successfully, which also responds to those requests. If I now change the Traefik config at runtime from IP_A to IP_B, it seems to work at first, too. The log states:

traefik-1  | time="..." level=debug msg="Creating TCP server 0 at IP_B:443" entryPointName=websecure routerName=external-service-router@file serviceName=external-service serverName=0
traefik-1  | time="..." level=debug msg="Adding route for \"HostSNI(`*`)\"" entryPointName=websecure routerName=external-service-router@file

And when I look at the (only temporarily activated) dashboard of Traefik, then the address for the service (IP_B) is also correctly shown.

However: All traffic continues to go to IP_A, it never arrives at IP_B although that one is now configured. Only when I stop and restart the container does the change take effect.

What do I miss here?

Thanks!

As it turns out, this is a non-issue. When trying again, it works as expected. See: Change in dynamic config for a TCP router applied but effectively ignored · Issue #10411 · traefik/traefik · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.