Cant bring up Traefik Web UI

I am using Traefik as Kubernetes Ingress and its working except I cannot bring up the Traefik Web UI:

apiVersion: extensions/v1beta1
kind: Ingress
metadata:
 name: traefik-web-ui
 namespace: kube-system
 annotations:
   kubernetes.io/ingress.global-static-ip-name: "my-static-ipaddress"
spec:
 rules:
 - host:
   http:
     paths:
     - path: /
       backend:
         serviceName: traefik-web-ui
         servicePort: web

If I use this same traefik ingress to point to a web page it works fine. Just cannot bring up the traefik-web-ui

Looking at the logs in the traefik ingress pod I dont see any information per request:

time="2019-06-28T07:42:25Z" level=debug msg="Skipping Kubernetes event kind *v1.Endpoints"

time="2019-06-28T07:42:26Z" level=debug msg="Received Kubernetes event kind *v1.Endpoints"

time="2019-06-28T07:42:26Z" level=debug msg="Skipping Kubernetes event kind *v1.Endpoints"

Thats all I see in the logs of the Traefik pod. Frankly thats not much information.

I get operation timeout on calling it. Any ideas? How do I debug this?

Try accessing that service (web ui) directly without traefik ingress and see if that comes up.

Hello @hanoisteve, Can you provide your Traefik configuration?

The Traefik dashboard is not enabled by default, it has to be enabled to be accessed.

Should also confirm that service traefik-web-ui port web forwards to the API port enabled in your configuration.

It was not enabled :slight_smile: Are there any other useful settings for debugging connection? Is there a verbose mode? I will check if this fixes the access issue.

kind: Deployment
apiVersion: extensions/v1beta1
metadata:
  name: traefik-ingress
  namespace: kube-system
  labels:
    k8s-app: traefik-ingress-lb
spec:
  replicas: 1
  selector:
    matchLabels:
  template:
    metadata:
      labels:
        name: traefik-ingress-lb
    spec:
      serviceAccountName: traefik-ingress
      terminationGracePeriodSeconds: 60 
      containers:
      - image: traefik
        name: traefik-ingress-lb
        ports:
        - name: http
          containerPort: 80 
        - name: admin 
          containerPort: 8080
        args:
        - --api
        - --kubernetes
        - --logLevel=DEBUG
        - --accesslog=true

But its turning out the reason it could not be accessed is because health is supported at /ping. gcp does its check at /healthz or /health. how do I setup the config on the trafik side to support these health checks at that url.