Can traefik hub be used to essentially monitor multiple docker daemons…

I’m not interested in running docker swarm, but I am interested in running multiple VMs and LXCs with different docker engines. All the various services will need to be run through traefik proxy. Is it possible to use traefik hub along with traefik labels on the containers in order to run all the various containers across the various docker engines through a single instance of traefik proxy that’s already setup (kind of like how portainer uses portainer-agent to monitor the docker socket on each host and send that info to a single portainer server)?

Hello @pcmike,

Is it possible to use traefik hub along with traefik labels on the containers in order to run all the various containers across the various docker engines through a single instance of traefik proxy that’s already setup (kind of like how portainer uses portainer-agent to monitor the docker socket on each host and send that info to a single portainer server)?

If I understand correctly, the use case is to allow Traefik Proxy to discover and forward requests to services running in multiple docker engines/VMs (not possible today as only one docker socket can be configured in Proxy), right?

If that is correct, this is not how Traefik Hub is meant to be used. Traefik Hub allows to publicly expose an internal service easily and instantly as explained in the following documentation. The deployed agent is only used to discover the docker engine topology, which is then displayed on the webui, and to set up a secure tunnel between the public-facing Hub infrastructure and the private service.