Troubleshooting HTTPS to HTTPS Kubernetes Ingress Routes

Hello, I have a test GKE cluster running Traefik deployed by Helm with a custom values.yaml and I am working with Ingress Routes so far.

I have a wildcard certificate issued by GoDaddy which I am using for all exposed web apps at this time. I created a TLS Store and and wildcard secret in the Traefik namespace to be used as a default certificate.

What I have managed successfully:
Secure an insecure website using my default wildcard certificate ( 443 forward to 80 and use the cert)

What I need help with:

1. Configure Traefik to forward HTTPS on port 8083 to port 8083 on the backend/container and use the wildcard certificate instead of the self-signed certificate on the site

My current result is "internal server error" BUT I can see that Traefik is serving my default wildcard certificate with that error message. I just don't have the web console of the application displayed.

1. Expose and secure (with authentication) the Traefik dashboard

My values-test.yaml used with Helm:

image:
  tag: "2.6"

volumes:
- name: wildcard-secret
  mountPath: "/certs"
  type: secret

additionalArguments:
- "--api.dashboard=true"

ports:
  websecure:
    tls:
      enabled: true
  app-port1:
    port: 8083
    expose: true
    exposedPort: 8083
    tls:
  app-port2:
    port: 8084
    expose: true
    exposedPort: 8084
    tls:

My IngressRoute (iroute.yaml) for the problem app. i have not added the second port 8084 because I haven't been able to get the first one, 8083 to work yet.

I have also tried this without "scheme: https" and if I remove that, I get the error "Client sent an HTTP request to an HTTPS server."

apiVersion: traefik.containo.us/v1alpha1
kind: IngressRoute
metadata:
  name: myapp
  namespace: myapp
spec:
  entryPoints:
    - app-port1
  routes:
  - kind: Rule
    match: Host(`wildcard.domain.com`)
    services:
    - name: app-port1
      port: 8083
      scheme: https

I have also tried adding ServersTransport to theoretically ignore the self-signed cert? This didn't help either.

apiVersion: traefik.containo.us/v1alpha1
kind: ServersTransport
metadata:
  name: app-transport
  namespace: myapp
spec:
  insecureSkipVerify: true