Traefik 2 ForwardAuth help

Hello community,

I hope that everyone is good during this unbelievable time.

A while ago I managed to upgrade from 1.7 to 2.0 with the help of this lovely community.
During this #stayathome time I thought that it would be a good time to start working on SSO for my services.

I managed to find out that I am not the first person who wants to do that but for sure I am not able to make it work.

Usage case:

• Some services are exposed to the web through Traefik (these are the services with login options) Docker and non docker (non docker is configured through rules.yml)
  • Some services are not exposed, if SSO would work I would probably made them all available in order to simplify access when i am not at home.
  • I would like to use Google as my forward auth option. So I have my client, my secret etc setup in google. The redirect URL is http://oauth.domain.com/_oauth

Issues:

• The first sign is that the newest container (the one that should handle the auth is not appearing in Traefik dashboard. I can see the middleware (which is not used by anyone currently) but not the additional service
  • The second issue is that forward auth doesn't work obviously.

Can someone be so kind and lend me a hand ? I am going crazy and if in the beginning I believe that I will be ready in a few hours, 1 day later I am still digging through this.

In the Docker compose file I left only 3 containers:

• Traefik for the obvious reasons
  • Organizr - It's a container that works good as an example of how my containers are generally setup
  • fauth which is based on thomseddon/traefik-forward-auth image and should handle the auth part.

Docker Compose
Rules.yml

Many thanks in advance

I would settle for an online guide written in layman terms, but I can't seem to find a similar setup with mine.