Struggling with LE acme dns challenge (linode)

I've been getting the follow errors these days and none of my certificates are being created:

Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"webhook.REDACTED.org\": unable to generate a certificate for the domains [webhook.REDACTED.org]: error: one or more domains had a problem:\n[webhook.REDACTED.org] [webhook.REDACTED.org] acme: error presenting token: unexpected response code 'SERVFAIL' for _acme-challenge.webhook.REDACTED.org.\n" providerName=le.acme routerName=webhook-secure@docker rule="Host(`webhook.REDACTED.org`)"

I just can't figure out where these errors come from, maybe a configuration error that doesn't work with 2.3 or 2.4 anymore?

If I use lego, it works without issues. But through Traefik2 2.4.8, it errors out as described above.

My acme.json file seems to indicate the account is valid. My YML file is pretty straightforward:

certificatesResolvers:
  le:
    acme:
      email: acme@REDACTED.com
      storage: acme.json
      dnsChallenge:
        provider: linodev4

My Linode token is set as an env variable of the traefik2 container and I have checked it as working with lego directly.

What am I overlooking?

Hey,

I think the provider value is just "linode"

so it would look like this:
provider: linode

check this link: Linode (v4) :: Let’s Encrypt client and ACME library written in Go.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.