Thanks to the entire community - been so helpful.
To preface, my setup:
- Synology 920+ at home, DSM7
- I have my own domain (ie. mydomain.com) and Traefik successfully set up to grab certificates and route through Cloudflare for EXTERNAL access. I am using Authelia for middleware protection, and this is generally based off of guides procured by smarthomebeginner.com
What I'm trying to accomplish:
- I am looking to set up a LOCAL network with a SEPARATE domain ie. "mydomain.lan" for me to access various Docker services while on the home network bypassing CF altogether.
- I have Pi-Hole set up and am hoping to use local DNS functions within PH to route internally. ie: DNS: mydomain.lan routed to ; then using CNAMEs to point to separate services within mydomain.lan
- I recognize that in order to do this, I will need to utilize something to reverse proxy to resolve the ports for specific purposes. From what I understand, that's where Traefik can come in .
Is this somehow possible...? I notice that in smarthomebeginner's guides - they have the option to specify multiple domain names. Is that where I want to begin?