PathPrefix Regex

So, I decided to go to v3-RC01 since v3 will now follow Golang regex vs. Perl and also allow "not matches" to happen. (See: Traefik V3 Migration Documentation - Traefik)

From a Kube YAML:

spec:
  entryPoints:
    - websecure
  routes:
    - kind: Rule
      priority: 5
      match: Host(`{{ .Values.frontend.fqdn }}`) && (PathPrefix(`/{path:(^/(assets|locale)(/.*)?$)}`) || PathPrefix(`/`)). # This should match anything strict "/," "/assets/*," and "/locale/*."
      services:
        - kind: Service
          name: frontend
          port: {{ .Values.service.port }}
    - kind: Rule
      match: Host(`{{ .Values.frontend.fqdn }}`) && !PathPrefix(`/{path:(^/(assets|locale)(/.*)?$)}`) # This should match anything other strict "/," "/assets/*," and "/locale/*."
      priority: 10
      middlewares:
        - name: middleware-frontend-replacement-path
      services:
        - kind: Service
          name: frontend
          port: {{ .Values.service.port }}

As everyone knows, react-router normally requires everything to hit the / endpoint to solve internal paths, and the static content still needs to be served. I can usually get one working, but not the other. I would rather use this than create and update my rules for every possible "path" that I need to send back to the "/."

Let me know if you need anything else. This is on IngreessRoute.

No, not everyone knows :rofl:

Can you supply a simple mapping with examples what should be matched and what not?

Sure. This is not private cause I am 100% sure people use these as their endpoints as well:

Static:

/
/assets
/locale/en/
/locale/en_US/

Dynamic React Router:

/list
/print/:id
/print/list
/queue

So when I should visit any of the dynamic, the middleware should bring it back to / so that react router works and takes off and does the processing. Right now, in my current state I am getting this:

index-fH2BXevF.js:1 Failed to load module script: Expected a JavaScript module script but the server responded with a MIME type of "text/html". Strict MIME type checking is enforced for module scripts per HTML spec.

as it does not match the rule not to use the middleware. I tried changing the priority of the rule, with no luck. This is even when visiting the "/" of the site.

So my understanding is that /list and /print/:id (plus 2 more) would be passed through to an active service, whereas all others go to static. Why not just create a rule with PathPrefix() for the dynamic ones, they would be matched first, longer rule -> higher priority. Others goes to static.

What do you mean by reset to /? I would assume your API is not only responding on plain /.

Ok.

Lets start fresh again.. :slight_smile: I have only one service: frontend, which is running Nginx of the complied frontend with Vite. This is not any API or anything of that nature. I have the API working on a different endpoint /graphql with some fancy headers on a different ingress route that works still.

This regex... matches the static routes.

Treafik, picks it up as valid Regex. You can see that I put ! for the one to be negated.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 1.09.23 PM

Following me so far....

So when I visit https:/// it should be hitting the top rule, correctly. React Router or the compiled code accepts it as the root. However, when the client tries to access the /assets and the /locale path, it seems not to find it at all. I know /list, etc, and the others are working fine because in the ngnix logs..

It's showing the redirect back to /; however, because the client can get data from /assets/, the Javascript/React does not load.

Loading the JS file directly:

https://URL/assets/index-fH2BXevF.js

Fails to load the js file.

Be aware that a PathPefix(`/`) will match any request, as a path in http has nothing to do with a file path or folder name, but is the full path after the domain, including a potential "file name" and "extension".

For example /script1234.js is a http path.

Well, I want that matched if the middleware rule hits. While golang regex does not have a "not" putting a ! in front of PAthPrefix should make it negate. i.e. false and true, etc. So I think this might not be working as designed for 3.0.0RC1