Ingressroute resource not working or appearing in dashboard

Versions:

• 1.26.10-gke
  • Traefik 2.5.4

Background
I want to replace existing kubernetes ingress resources with Traefik ingressroutes to use the custom resource features. Traefik proxy is already configured and working on the cluster, as well as the CRD definitions and RBAC controls as defined in the documentation.

After deleting the existing ingress resource, and replacing it with the ingressroute below, the route and service disappear from the Traefik dashboard and the site cannot be reached. I saw a similar post where the poster suggested creating a traefikservice pointing to the kubernetes service.. this did not work for me.

If I remove the ingressroute and re-create the ingress resource, the route and service immediately reappear in the Traefik dashboard and the site works again.

Config:

Service:

apiVersion: v1
kind: Service
metadata:
  labels:
    app: ui-my
  name: ui-my-svc
  namespace: my-ns
spec:
  internalTrafficPolicy: Cluster
  ipFamilies:
  - IPv4
  ipFamilyPolicy: SingleStack
  ports:
  - name: http-80
    port: 80
    protocol: TCP
    targetPort: 80
  selector:
    app: ui-my
  type: ClusterIP

Ingressroute

apiVersion: traefik.containo.us/v1alpha1
kind: IngressRoute
metadata:
    name: bluegreen-ir
spec:
    entryPoints:
        - web
    routes:
      - match: Host(`my.domain.com`)
        kind: Rule
        services:
          - name: ui-my-svc
            port: 80

Looking for any suggestions on things to try or known issues with replacing ingress resources with ingressroutes.

Update: I set Traefik logs to DEBUG and noticed this entry each time I try to create an ingressroute object.
time="2024-04-04T16:47:21Z" level=debug msg="Skipping Kubernetes event kind *v1alpha1.IngressRoute" providerName=kubernetescrd