How to run Traefik locally with Rancher Desktop, containerd and nerdctl

Hi. I have setup my Linux Mint installation with Rancher Desktop, nerdctl and containerd. When I try to run Traefik locally with docker-compose, I get the following error:

FATA[0003] failed to create shim: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:545: container init caused: rootfs_linux.go:76: mounting "/var/run/docker.sock" to rootfs at "/var/run/docker.sock" caused: stat /var/run/docker.sock: no such file or directory: unknown 
FATA[0004] error while creating container video-dashboard_traefik_1: exit status 1

Here is my docker-compose

traefik:
    image: traefik:v2.6
    command: --api.insecure=true --providers.docker
    ports:
      - "80:80"
      - "8080:8080"
    volumes:
      - /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock

The error makes sense to me: docker.sock is created when docker is running, and I am not running docker! But I am not sure how to go about finding a solution. What type of steps might I take to get traefik launchable under nerdctl, containerd and Rancher Desktop?

did you find the solution?

The Docker socket should be created when the Docker daemon is running, that is usually all the time.

containerd is not Docker, so I would assume it does not create a Docker socket.

It seems in the list of providers for Traefik configuration discovery, there is no solution for low level containerd interaction.

Is Rancher about Kubernetes? There is a Rancher and Kubernetes provider.