Failed to list/watch resources

Hello,

I got following errors during deploying traefik ingress controller. I am running kubernetes on GKE (1.14.8-gke.2). Deploying via kubectl apply -f from pipelines:

Failed to watch *v1alpha1.IngressRoute: unknown (get ingressroutes.traefik.containo.us) 
Failed to watch *v1alpha1.Middleware: unknown (get middlewares.traefik.containo.us) 
Failed to watch *v1alpha1.TLSOption: unknown (get tlsoptions.traefik.containo.us) 
Failed to watch *v1alpha1.IngressRouteTCP: unknown (get ingressroutetcps.traefik.containo.us) 
Failed to list *v1alpha1.IngressRoute: ingressroutes.traefik.containo.us is forbidden: User "system:serviceaccount:default:traefik-ingress-controller" cannot list resource "ingressroutes" in API group "traefik.containo.us" at the cluster scope 
Failed to list *v1alpha1.Middleware: middlewares.traefik.containo.us is forbidden: User "system:serviceaccount:default:traefik-ingress-controller" cannot list resource "middlewares" in API group "traefik.containo.us" at the cluster scope 
Failed to list *v1alpha1.TLSOption: tlsoptions.traefik.containo.us is forbidden: User "system:serviceaccount:default:traefik-ingress-controller" cannot list resource "tlsoptions" in API group "traefik.containo.us" at the cluster scope 
Failed to list *v1alpha1.IngressRouteTCP: ingressroutetcps.traefik.containo.us is forbidden: User "system:serviceaccount:default:traefik-ingress-controller" cannot list resource "ingressroutetcps" in API group "traefik.containo.us" at the cluster scope 

Here is how I add custom resources:

apiVersion: apiextensions.k8s.io/v1beta1
kind: CustomResourceDefinition
metadata:
  name: ingressroutes.traefik.containo.us

spec:
  group: traefik.containo.us
  version: v1alpha1
  names:
    kind: IngressRoute
    plural: ingressroutes
    singular: ingressroute
  scope: Namespaced

---
metadata:
  name: middlewares.traefik.containo.us
spec:
  names:
    kind: Middleware
    plural: middlewares
    singular: middleware

---
metadata:
  name: tlsoptions.traefik.containo.us

spec:
  names:
    kind: TLSOption
    plural: tlsoptions
    singular: tlsoption

---
metadata:
  name: ingressroutetcps.traefik.containo.us

spec:
  names:
    kind: IngressRouteTCP
    plural: ingressroutetcps
    singular: ingressroutetcp

Can not find any proper informations on google, so maybe some of you guys will know.

Thanks for any advice.

David

Looks like permission problem? Have you also applied RBAC settings? https://docs.traefik.io/user-guides/crd-acme/#ingressroute-definition

Yes, I have applied it before applying custom resources. It looks exactly like in docs.

Looks like you had something wrong or missing when you set up traefik in kubernetes, you need to correct that. That link above gives you a base line that proved working.

Checked twice, RBAC is Ok - just like in docs. Don't know why it cant load resources.

Then it something else that you did wrong or missed.

It's probably the namespaces you're trying to list.

I had the same problem and I solved it by limiting namespace access for traefik like this (static config):

[providers.kubernetescrd]
      namespaces = ["traefik-ns"]

in the namespaces, you need to set only the namespace that traefik exists on.
Try this, and everything should be working correctly.

Then if you want for traefik to watch over more namespaces, e.g. new-ns, you need to define a k8s Role in new-ns and then bind that role with a RoleBinding to the ServiceAccount that traefik uses (exactly that sa, not a new one. Make sure you're setting namespace: traefik-ns in the subject part of RoleBinding.

Having done that and making sure about k8s NetworkPolicies, you're good to go.

1 Like

I have meet similar problem too. My problem is described above.