Fail2Ban Plugin

I have traefik 2.9.4 running. I installed Fail2ban plugin and it seems installed properly.
How do I know if it is working and protecting the other apps proxied in traefik?

Despite numerous failed login attempts to traefik, my IP address was not blocked.

how did you manage to install fail2ban ? i get this error: Unable to download plugins via traefik pilot · Issue #8004 · traefik/traefik · GitHub

Hi @dberardo-com,
Thanks for your interest in Traefik!

You can browse to the overview page of the FAIL2BAN plugin and select Install Plugin

SCR-20230224-dda

From there, just follow the approach which fits your setup.

well thats exactly what i did, but as you can see from the link in my post above, the pod tries to download the plgin file from traefik repo and not from github and so the download fails ... i am using the exact same configuration (2 lines) as in the install plugin banner

Hi @dberardo-com,

Could you please provide more information?

• Do you use static or dynamic configuration?
  • Do you use Docker or Kubernetes?
  • Could you please paste the log output in DEBUG level (--log.level=DEBUG switch)

Thanks!

sure, i have provided details over here, but the issue was closed ... Not able to use fail2ban plugin · Issue #9744 · traefik/traefik · GitHub let me know if you need more details

here the log details:

level=error msg="Plugins are disabled because an error has occurred." error="failed to download plugin github.com/tomMoulard/fail2ban: failed to call service: Get \"https://plugins.traefik.io/public/download/github.com/tomMoulard/fail2ban/v0.6.6\": context deadline exceeded (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)"