Where is actual configuration file of traefik in k8s pod?

Hi. I'm trying to use Traefik as ingress in k8s.

After I update k8s ingress configuration. Every service returns 404. So I'm trying to find a configuration file to understand what my updating makes changing.

I'm used to nginx. I discover /etc/nginx/nginx.conf when I use nginx.
But I cannot find any configuration file in pod deployed via traefik helm chart.

I cannot find any file mentioned in Traefik guide

Where is actual configuration file of traefik in k8s pod?

Hey @joey-yoonsung

Thanks for using Traefik and asking the question here.

The configuration of Traefik is split into static and dynamic configurations. As static configuration, we understand everything that requires Traefik to be restarted in order to apply new changes.
There are 3 ways of managing Traefik static configuration:

• CLI arguments
  • Environment variables
  • a file

Those three methods are mutually exclusive. It means if you use CLI you should stick to it and add all changes to the configuration file that is read by Traefik.

Please review the documentation I linked a few lines above.

On the other hand, the dynamic configuration is everything that comes from the
a provider, it might be also a static file, an orchestrator, or a service registry.

The list of providers is listed on our documentation in the section Configuration discovery.

If you have started the Traefik journey with Kubernetes I would recommend seeing the following workshop we have recorded, here is the link:

Feel free to come back with other questions :slight_smile:

I hope that helps

1 Like

Oh. I found it !

ps aux | grep traefik
traefik traefik --global.checknewversion --global.sendanonymoususage --entrypoints.metrics.address=:9100/tcp --entrypoints.myservice.address=:8089/tcp --entrypoints.traefik.address=:9000/tcp --entrypoints.web.address=:8000/tcp --entrypoints.websecure.address=:8443/tcp --api.dashboard=true --ping=true --metrics.prometheus=true --metrics.prometheus.entrypoint=metrics --providers.kubernetescrd --providers.kubernetesingress --accesslog=true --accesslog.fields.defaultmode=keep --accesslog.fields.headers.defaultmode=drop
1 Like