Unable to start traefik with custom plugin: "plugin integrity check failed"

Environment: Traefik with Kubernetes Ingressroute provider (gcp k8s)

After creating middleware plugin/publishing it in traefik pilot/installing it in traefik helm chart, I'm stuck with new traefik pods in CrashLoopBackOff state after helm upgrade.

Traefik containers are left with below information in logs:

time="2021-05-12T05:59:05Z" level=info msg="Configuration loaded from flags."
time="2021-05-12T05:59:05Z" level=info msg="Traefik version 2.3.1 built on 2020-09-29T15:49:06Z"
time="2021-05-12T05:59:05Z" level=info msg="\nStats collection is disabled.\nHelp us improve Traefik by turning this feature on :)\nMore details on: https://doc.traefik.io/traefik/contributing/data-collection/\n"
2021/05/12 05:59:05 traefik.go:76: command traefik error: failed to check archive integrity of the plugin github.com/apwe/headerproxy: plugin integrity check failed

Traefik version: 2.3.1

Traefik pilot plugin page: https://pilot.traefik.io/plugins/6095297c18f937cce370f961/header-proxy-plugin

Repository page: GitHub - apwe/HeaderProxy: Traefik middleware for proxying requests

Plugin has been successfully loaded and tested on local traefik instance.

Any ideas why it fails with that message?

A small note - k8s gcp traefik instance is registered to my Traefik Pilot.

Hello,

have you "override" a tag?

Could you update your repo name to be the same as your module name: HeaderProxy -> headerproxy

I did, at the beginning - but I deleted tags and recreated with another tag with a different version - now the tags start with v0.2. Is this a problem?

I renamed the repo to headerproxy. Right now, traefik fails with:

2021/05/22 19:34:23 traefik.go:76: command traefik error: failed to download plugin github.com/apwe/headerproxy: failed to call service: Get "https://plugin.pilot.traefik.io/public/download/github.com/apwe/headerproxy/v0.4": context deadline exceeded (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)

But I think I get this message because Pilot didn't manage to update the plugin yet, so I'll retry in some time.

can you set the topic traefik-plugin on your repository?

I forgot I deleted the topic - I enabled it again, released a new tag - but the problem still stays the same:

2021/05/25 06:31:43 traefik.go:76: command traefik error: failed to check archive integrity of the plugin github.com/apwe/headerproxy: plugin integrity check failed

Your current problem is related to the tag/version name.
could you use go module compatible version/tags: v0.5.0 instead of v0.5

It's a problem to override a tag: the checksum is computed for a tag/hash, if you change the tag/hash the checksum is different, so the integrity check will fail.

Could you also add a license?

Now it works, could you remove the old tags v0.2, v0.3, v0.4, v0.5

Yes, it loaded properly - it was because of the tag being vX.X.
Thank you so much for your support!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.