Best/Bulletproof migration check list from v1 to v2 (on Kubernetes)

Hello @Berber-31-33

Thanks for asking the question.

You can have a look at the blog post:

one of our Ambassadors shared his experience with migration from v1 to v2. The blog post covers migration based on Docker but the high-level idea seems to be good enough for the Kubernetes environment as well.

We can't say if your strategy is good enough since we don't know how does your environment works and what else might be impacted during the migration process. We published the prerequisites that should be met once preparing for the migration such as migrating annotation from v1 to v2, or by using the Traefik Migration tool that migrates from Ingress to Ingressroute CRD - as I've already explained in another post

Each environment is different that's why there is no ready-to-use plan that can be used. I would definitely try to test the plan in a test environment before going further with a live environment. You can install Traefik V1 together with V2 on the same cluster and based on labelselector, namespace, or ingressclass set which object should be processed by v2. Having such installation you can consider implementing gradual migrations.
I hope that some of those pieces of information can be helpful.

I would love to see how other community users are dealing with such migrations.

Thank you,

1 Like