... sorry for this question... But i am looking for an answer for 2 days now...
- Docker-Host ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- newest Docker
- Traefik v2 / v1.7 (tested both)
I am running a Docker-Host with a lot of web-based services and traefik sounds to good to be real! In the past I used exposed Ports (80,81,82,...) etc. to connect to every service. Now i want to change this to different urls.
I deployed a traefik container with sample config and added labels to one of my services (nextcloud). I dropped the exposed port out of the nextcloud config and added the traefik network to it.
Traefik detects the service just fine and creates a frontend based on my config.
But i am not able to connect whether to the url nor to the docker ip of the container.
I tried lots of things:
- Docker Host ping to the container ip - successful
- Ping out of the container to Host/Land/Internet - successful
- Traceroute from network client to container ip - failed
- Setup a fresh docker host with traefik and nextcloud - same behaviour
- tried different things with ip-table to achieve correct routing - failed
For my understanding: Traefik is routing the traefik or just redirecting to the internal ip?
Second version should not work for my understanding. am i right?
I really think i am missing something. But didn't figure it out until now. Maybe one of u guys has an idea!